Thursday, March 31, 2011

Haphazardly intentional in life

Ever wondered why a dog can be so random to find any tree, bin, bush or lamp-post to go about with its *ahem* business?

As I walked the streets, and mrt stations, a thought came to me- What keeps people moving?

I looked at my watch, and perhaps it would be the answer- for the working people, what keeps them moving, at such pace or hurry, is to be home, wherever or how ever he/she defines.

For me? I guess I would just continue walking to reach my next unknown destination.

On a reflective note, how should I describe my journey? Can't think of one creative way to sum it all up, nor one to fully capture the essence, struggles, dilemma, hope and passion.

It's one that cuts across all aspects of my life, and calls to realign my life to what God wants to do in me, through my life and with me. But the question is what exactly is it that He wants to do with me in the equation?

Talk faith? Yea, but deep down I know I can't comprehend and fully relate when sometimes, it seems out of sight or somewhat out of reach...as though all these are empty thoughts, some blabber and noise from my own trumpet.
But can He fulfil His purpose in what He has created me to be, installed for me and to do His will? Yes, I believe. When? I believed it has started already, and more to come.

Listening to people who have been through their struggle of hearing God, and responding to their call, makes me think of my own life. Perhaps I am a dreamer, an idealist...but I have a dream...Like all children dream of becoming someone bigger, say a superhero with special powers, I have my own dreams too. Yet, is that possible? Is that what I am cut out to do? Is that what I would find fulfilment and purpose in what I do? Can I give my all for it? Or is it just a teenage dream, which would fizzle out in no time, only to wake me up to a hard reality of being realistic, practical, down-to-earth, logical, systematic as any one on the busy streets of the CBD would be caught in?

Why work dominates rather than work serves? Serves what- to make me grow, to make me learn, to make me overcome the pressures and demands of work so that I can stand up under it, not the other way round.

So, what am I passionate about? To pinpoint one thing, I can't. It makes me feel like I have nothing I like, nothing I am passionate about, nothing I crave, nothing I can do well in, nothing I can pursue, nothing to talk about. Nothing. I just love the sound of music. Simple as that. What talent is it in that, I don't know.
But, it's amazing how the black keys on piano/ keyboard can give such rich tones to a piece that is more than just the airy-fairy light-hearted notes. Music has 8 notes, and how they are played tells a different story. Music captivates hearts, it moves nations to a cause, it speaks of freedom- to express how it would best carry.

If this were an interview, it would be too random in thoughts for the readers.

Like the dog that goes about haphazardly to find its ideal spot, it goes with intent. Intentionally Haphazard? Well maybe this would fit better- haphazardly intentional in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home