Saturday, February 26, 2011

Not being in church physically has allowed me to go on disconnected. In a real sense, I did what my daily routine required of me, circling about my weekly school timetable. The past week had been 'test-driven' and what sounded the loudest was how much more I needed to catch up with my piling tutorials, revision and readings that now seem like a mouthful to digest.

Coming to church, more than just a physical act or religious piety, today has made me realise a few things :

1. My friends' needs, eg. their tiredness but still hanging on;

2. How much there is to pray about and for;

3. How my life has been so caught up with doing, meeting my expectations about school, trying to go for many different activities that I wonder where and when can I find time to take breather, slow down and be still.

It's not about doing, but finding rest in God through all that I do. It's like a concept but it would be like oxygen to my breathless soul, water to my quench within.

Help me to find my rest in You. You are the Prince of peace, my tower of refuge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home